Saturday, February 12, 2011

Stupid mommy!

I think I was getting too comfortable with our unknown oranges. We had stopped because I wasn't sure. I was just getting to comfortable hearing other moms trying different things. I think I slipped into a state of "she is out growing this".

This morning at 1:14 am I was startled back into REALITY! Hayleigh woke up screaming, she wouldn't let my husband hold her she only wanted me. Which was ironic seeing that I was the one that most likely was causing the problem.
Go back to Friday morning: we are trialing carrot juice (yes we have to do a trial even though she can eat baby food carrots as the protein content may be different as the juice is raw). She loves the "idea" of juice but really won't drink it. So to make it taste better instead of the normal water with a touch of carrot juice I also added a touch of orange juice. This was the stupidest thing to do, because 1. I didn't read the carton to see if anything other than oranges were in there, I just assumed because we ALWAYS buy pure 100% orange juice. 2. I didn't call the manufacturer to see if cross contamination was an issue.

Back to last night she would settle and cry again and scream and just sit with her eyes open. We wondered was it a sore throat? After her nap on Friday she would only drink an oz at a time and I thought it strange. I also notice she couldn't scream as her voice was horse, she had her hand down her throat making herself gag. Everything was going in her mouth and I didn't even think. With the screaming she held her chest just once so I ran to get mylanta cherry supreme (which has more things she cannot have, but I had no time to mix calcium carbonate) while she cried some more. After 30 mins that didn't work she was still trying to settle but couldn't. She was farting and let out a little weird liquid poop. Eventually we got the motrin out (something else with stuff she cannot tolerate) but after 45 mins that worked and after 2 hours I finally put her back in bed next to me. So it seem yes she had a reaction to the 0.5 oz of orange juice in 8 ozs water after only sipping maybe 5 times for the morning.

This morning I get up and look at the orange juice and it has calcium hydroxide, malic acid, citric acid and vitamin D3! STUPID, STUPID, STUPID MOMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment