Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Feeding the ducks..............

Monday was a lovely day so we decided to take the kids to a plaza that has lakes and waterfalls with ducks, geese and swans. We decided to buy some "duck food" for Hayls to feed the ducks. I didn't think about it. I bought it and gave it to my husband to help her and before I knew it she was throwing CORN and who knows what at the ducks. I wanted to slap myself, why didn't I think of this before we let her feed the ducks. It was too late to take it away from her. How do you explain to a one and half year old that she has to stop feeding the ducks when the box clearly still has duck food in it. So we let her finish feeding the ducks quickly and then cleaned her clothes and washed her hands and tried not to worry.

Simple toddler pleasures such as feeding ducks and many other activities we have to think twice or three times before and after the activities.

She has been OK since but we need to be more careful and stay on top of things. This is just one more way these food allergies affect our daily life.

No comments:

Post a Comment