Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Poop..poop..and...more...poop

For those of you who have kids without poop issues feel free to stop reading here. For those of you in my shoes it is one more thing that GAPs helps.


If you have a child anywhere on the PI spectrum, from MSPI to EGID you know poop usually consumes your daily life......


Well it did for a long time, but not any more! It is rare for us to see the burn-your-skin-off-after-a-few-seconds-of-contact-in-the-diaper-poop in our house anymore.

GAPs is healing the kids and sensitivities to foods are not violent severe reactions that they once were. They are there because we are still healing but they are not sending me into panic mode anymore.

The reason for this post was to say, since the first day of bringing a baby into our house we have finally had a "normal" smelling poop!!!!

This is HUGE and means gut bacteria is slowly but surely being balanced out! Which means this just may be the last post on this blog ever about poop!

2 comments:

  1. :) lol aww poop! hooray for good ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I have lived thru this same situation, and still am. My almost 5 year old and almost 2 year old are PICs and they still have diarrhea several times a day. I have seen success with probiotics, but still, it is a never ending battle. So much diaper rash... who knew a 5-year-old who doesn't wear diapers could have "diaper rash"! (I know it's an imbalance, I'm just saying this tongue-in-cheek). Great site! I can count on one hand how many solid stools my boys have had in their combined lives. UGH!!!
    Thanks for the funny, but unfortunately frustrating and post.
    Michelle (http://raisingapic.wordpress.com/)

    ReplyDelete