Monday, December 13, 2010

Did you wash your hands and mouth?

Did you wash your hands and mouth? This question is not aimed at my kids but instead at myself, and any other person going to touch my children. Every time I eat I make sure to wash my hands, mouth and any other part of me that came in contact with food. Sometimes I want to blurt it out before that prying hand touches my baby's soft skin. The soft skin that so easily brakes out in a rough rash, or blisters, or pimples that take days or weeks to clear due to the evil enemy we have come to know as food.

A simple thing like kissing my kids has been tainted. I must always think or wash before I kiss: "What did I eat? Did I wash my mouth?" Something as simple as this reminds me every day of our journey with protein intolerance. However that said I will stop, think and wash a thousand times a day because I just can't stop kissing those little cheeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment