Wednesday, January 30, 2013

It is the little things........

I have been using the dish washer again, FOR ALL THE DISHES. Yes even the kids cups, plates and utensils. Yes in the same load with all the other dishes. Do I rinse off every bit of food from the dishes used for my food, yes.

This is a big step for us. For years we didn't put the kids stuff in the dishwasher for a few reasons. Firstly we couldn't risk washing the kids stuff with ours because they were just that sensitive. Secondly we could not find a dishwashing soap that wasn't filled with chemicals and corn (GMO corn is in everything here in the US). Lastly it just wasn't cost effective to put a handful of dishes in there alone.

I am back on GAPs finally as we are settling in well. So late one night or morning around 2am I was just too tired to stand and wash a kitchen full of dishes. I put a load in that night and the next morning I did a second load. The kids have been fine and the new dishwashing detergent is wonderful (Nellie's nuggets). I no longer even have to stand washing what feels like a million glass bottles (which have a billion little pieces covered in broth fat) and sippy cup nipples. They all go in the dishwasher too!

Some people might not get this simple joy, but for me it makes my life feel just a little "normal". Yes it is normal for me to be awake at wee hours of the morning cooking the kids food :) and still be in the kitchen whole day!

1 comment:

  1. I've read through your whole blog and story, and it is so wonderful to read as my 18mo son has eosinophilic colitis and fpies. He's been on nothing but elecare jr. for 6 months now and is doing much better. We've been considering the gaps diet for food introductions and so far he can only eat pork and lamb (and pork and lamb bone broth and gelatin "jello" made from pure pork gelatin). I'd love to hear about how your little ones are doing now. I feel I can learn a lot from your family about how to help my son. I'd love to hear an update from you!

    Hope your family is doing well now. You are amazing how you navigated through all of this fpies and egid stuff! Best, Laura

    ReplyDelete